This Cool Mat from Trixie is the complete answer for pets who feel the heat.
Rabbits in particular do not cope well in hot temperatures and need to be kept as cool as possible.
- nylon feel (polyester)
- supports thermoregulation
- cooling effect through body contact
- works without additional cooling, electricity or water
- cools for several hours
- ready to be used again after a short interruption
- can also be used e.g. on beds, in dog kennels or in the car
- simply wipe to clean
- compliant with animal welfare under Section 18 (AT)
- ongredients of the non toxic cooling liquid: water, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, preservatives
Tip: Do not use in the sun. Do not use or store at temperatures over 45 °C. The gel contained might get too hot and turn liquid, and as a result lose its cooling effect.
Moisture can form on the cooling mat due to temperature fluctuations. Therefore, we recommend that the mat is not folded or stored in the original carton, but spread out and dried with a cloth if necessary.
Whilst this cooling mat is marketed toward dogs, the gel is non toxic, and therefore safe for other pets to use too.
Comes in 3 sizes to suit all rabbit breeds. The larger one would also suit a bonded pair who would prefer to share a mat.
Small 40cm x 30cm
Medium 50cm x40cm
Large 65cm x 50cm
NOTE: Whilst the cooling gel is non toxic, please monitor the mat for any signs of chewing & remove immediately if there is. It is advised to put the pad inside a thin pillow case to prevent this happening.
Safety note: It is the responsibility of the pet owner to assess the suitability of any treat, toy, or other product. Please read instructions, and directions of use carefully. Always supervise your rabbit whilst playing or eating. Remove the toy if it is damaged, or worn, or if parts become separated, to avoid injury.