During the harvesting of Supreme's UK-grown Selective Timothy Hay, there are six specialist processes involved to help retain the finest quality, so that the tasty long stems remain intact and are bursting with all the nutrients that small pets love.
- Finest quality hay comes from the first cut of the year, from the strongest Timothy grass plants that produce the largest, tastiest seed heads which will help to entice even the fussiest of small pets to chew
- The cut Timothy grass is then spread in the field up to six times over three days to accelerate the drying process and to help retain the highest levels of beneficial nutrients
- The damp hay (known as haylage), is then gently raked into a windrow in preparation for baling
- The haylage is carefully collected into large square bales ready to be machine-dried, this process helps to retain the very best nutrients and appealing, natural colour that can otherwise be lost when the hay is dried (and bleached), by the sun's UV rays
- They hay bales are dried for up to eight hours to remove moisture, help lock in nutrients to help provide the finest quality, tastiest Timothy hay
- Selective Timothy Hay is then delicately hand packed, helping to keep it as good as the day it was cut
Safety note: It is the responsibility of the pet owner to assess the suitability of any treat, toy, or other product. Please read instructions, and directions of use carefully. Always supervise your rabbit whilst playing or eating. Remove the toy if it is damaged, or worn, or if parts become separated, to avoid injury.